Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My heart goes out to Haiti...



I have had the above picture on my mind all day... What's going through this little boy's mind? Does he know where his parents are? Is that his mom, sister, or a stranger sitting next to him? I never want to experience and am so thankful that I have not experienced what he is experiencing now...

As soon as I get up in the morning, I immediately turn on the news and watch it as I'm getting ready for the day. This morning, I awakened to the news of the horrific earthquake that occurred in Haiti yesterday. As I listened to the details, tears filled my eyes. So much devastation, so much destruction, so much loss... Why did God allow all of this to happen? Several phrases and promises filled my mind quickly after... God is sovereign... God is good... He knew this horrible tragedy would happen way before it did... He has a plan in all things... My hope and prayer is that the people in Haiti come to know Him through the devastation...

0 comments: